Saturday 19 January 2013

Masters 2013 semi final: Robertson v Murphy


Masters snooker 2013: Neil Robertson beats Shaun Murphy

Defending champion Neil Robertson produced a superb display to beat Shaun Murphy 6-2 in the Masters semi-finals.
Breaks of 84 and a brilliant 133 put the Australian 3-1 in front, although Murphy could have been level, letting slip a 68-point lead in the fourth.
He reduced the arrears in the next, but Robertson made 85 and 127 as he went 5-2 up, and though Murphy had chances in the eighth, Robertson sealed the win.
He will play either Mark Selby or Graeme Dott in Sunday's final.
"To get to another final is an amazing feeling but I still have a lot of work to do. I will do what I have been doing all week and come back refreshed tomorrow," Robertson told BBC Sport.
"I have been pouncing on mistakes this week with big breaks and I can put that into my opponent's mind. You have to punish people.
"I have made a lot of centuries in my career, but my potting gets me out of trouble - I am trying hard not to do that now. I am nowhere near the finished article but I am getting there."
In a repeat of last year's final, Robertson produced a high-scoring display of snooker, and now has the chance to become only the fourth man to lift the title in successive years.
For Murphy, it was a case of missed opportunities, as he broke down in the 40s on several occasions, losing sizeable leads in the fourth and sixth frames.
His second century of the match, a 127 total clearance in the seventh frame, put Robertson on the verge of victory and he duly pinched the next to secure his place in the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment