Monday 11 January 2016

2016 Masters Day 2

Judd Trump 6-4 Stephen Maguire 


Judd Trump survived a spirited fightback from Stephen Maguire to reach the second round of the Masters at Alexandra Palace.

The 26-year-old world number five, led 4-1 after twice winning frames on the final black.

But breaks of 92, 74, and 56 got Scotland's Maguire level at 4-4.

Trump edged back ahead in the ninth and a Maguire error in the 10th let the Englishman in to seal a second-round tie with Neil Robertson or Marco Fu.

"I just tried to stay calm," Trump told BBC Two. "I was very nervous at 4-4 because I've not had a good last few tournaments and my confidence was very low.

"For me, it's an amazing win. My game is attacking, but everything in my head was negative. My lack of form has put pressure on because I was used to going out there and expecting to play well.

"I've played every day over Christmas - that's the first time I've ever done that. I think that's what got me through in the end.

"I've always enjoyed myself off the table, but now I'm at an age when I don't enjoy going out as much. Now I can give snooker four or five years of complete dedication and see what happens."


Barry Hawkins 6-3 Joe Perry 

No comments:

Post a Comment